Let’s be honest, we’d all rather have a treat than a trick this Halloween, including our pooches. So give our pumpkin and peanut butter Dog Halloween Treats a go today. It’s a super easy recipe, and we can guarantee the only thing that’ll be going bump in the night will be your doggy trying to eat another one. Or if you’d rather us do the work, check out these ones “we made earlier”.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
Serves: Approx 20 biscuits depending on the size and shape you go for
Pumpkin Dog Treats Ingredients
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (free from …)
- 180g gluten-free flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 3 tbsp of pumpkin purée
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, adding just enough water to bring the mixture together into a hard dough.
- Flour a work surface, and roll out the dough to your dog’s desired thickness (approx 1cm).
- Use a cookie cutter or cut the biscuit shapes from the dough, and place them onto your lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until hard.
- Wait until fully cool before feeding to your little ghouly. Don’t forget to change their main meal accordingly too.
[insert photo smudge]
Whilst you’re here, why not read:
- Dog-friendly pancake recipe
- Pet costumes for cats and dogs; cute or cruel
- How to make your dog instagram famous